Last Updated: Mar 25, 2019
Soundcraft Notepad was released in September 2017. This is the first update to Notepad since release.
This update includes two major features:
- Firmware updater and Control Panel for both Windows 7/10 and Mac Sierra 10.12.6. This allows both platforms to update to the latest firmware and select from available inputs to feed the USB bus to computer workstation software.
- Control Panel includes control for the new broadcast style “Ducker” (side chain compressor) feature, designed for independent content creators. Depending on which Notepad is connected, users can now select up to four mic pre channels as threshold triggers to “duck” the USB audio return when they are speaking. This allows an independent content creator to have music or gaming audio playing back on their computer through their USB to the Notepad, and when they speak, it automatically ducks that USB audio return when they speak, and return to previous levels shortly after they stop speaking.
Notepad Update is supported on Windows 7/10 and Mac Sierra 10.12.6.
WINDOWS 10 OPERATING SYSTEM NOTIFICATION
Windows 10 enforces driver signatures by default. This can be disabled to install drivers that are not digitally signed. Use the following steps to disable driver signature enforcement.
- Click the Start menu and select Settings.
- Click Update and Security.
- Click on Recovery.
- Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Click Startup Settings.
- Click on Restart.
- On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.
Your computer will restart and you will be able to install non-digitally signed drivers. If you restart your computer again the driver signature enforcement will be re-enabled.